Wednesday, April 2, 2008

TAKE CHUCKLEPUSS AWAY FROM THE BALLGAME



Yesterday, the boys of spring took part in the annual ritual of Opening Day in major league baseball. Monday the Washington Nationals opened Nationals Park, their new shrine to baseball in Southeast Washington, DC. To christen this shrine, the Nationals had our Commander In Chief, George W. Bush (aka Chucklepuss) throw out the first pitch. Chucklepuss was introduced to a chorus of ‘boos’ that couldn’t be matched by the Harlem Boys Choir.

That welcome has been high on the talk radio topic list. I heard one openly liberal, sports talk show host speaking of how he by no means has been happy with Chucklepuss’ presidency, but he would not ‘boo’ the office of the president like the Nationals fans did. Many people were calling in stating that they couldn’t believe that people actually ‘booed’ the POTUS. I on the other hand can’t see how people would not ‘boo’ him. I mean it’s easy to boo an office – a title -- a symbol, because that’s what it is. This country was built on healthy dissent, discourse and of course slavery, but that’s a long, discussion for another day and time. I myself can’t see the office for the Chucklepuss obscuring it with his usually, hair-trigger, impetuous, supposedly Christ-inspired, decisions over the past seven years.

To be fair, I thought I shouldn’t be so hasty to judge ole’ Chucklepuss, but then I said to myself “Self”, because that’s what I call myself, when I’m contemplating Chucklepuss and his what some call nimrod actions that are eroding at America like a festering cancer. Self, what reasons would I really have to boo the 43rd POTUS in American history? So I came up with this brief, but ever growing list of what I call “Chuckelpuss’ Big Boo-Boo’s”:

1) took America to war with the country of the mean Iraqi man (Saddam Hussein), that made his Daddy mad, by lying and saying that he was hiding WMDs.
2) destroyed America’s name on the global front with his cowboy politics and horrible annunciation STRATEGIES(stra-TEE-jor-REES)
3) uses the foundation of the American government, aka The U.S. Constitution, with same reverence he uses Charmin and Post-It’s
4) Implied to the Louisiana government that the American government would be at their beck and call, in the wake of Hurricane Katrina (which would soon become the greatest natural disaster in American history) He then refused assistance from other countries and waited three days before he sending in any assistance
5) created a national debt that is greater the debt of the previous 42 presidents and will be felt by generations to come
6) Has executed the right of “presidential privilege” and veto power more than any other president in American history and to the benefit of partisan politics without any regard for this country’s well being.

Right now you’re probably thinking, “Rusty, I’m not seeing you usual humor filled twist on your subject”. That’s because it’s not funny. Chucklepuss has torn the fabric of America and like a child, when someone points out his faults he blames someone else or say that Jesus Christ made him do it. Jesus Christ has enough on his plate and then Chucklepuss piles on his issues like a fat man at a buffet. Can I boo and disrespect the office of the president? No, but can I boo the man, who disrespects the office. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Now follow me! Follow me to freedom!

No comments: